Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wet n Wild Dutchess over OPI Warsaw

Wet n Wild Dutchess is a "Fergie" color that I picked up recently.  It's an interesting dark teal-leaning navy glitter with sparse larger pieces of purple glitter mixed into a sheer but slightly tinted base.  It is very sheer on it's own, does not build to opacity, so it's ideal for layering.  I found the perfect base in my stash - OPI's recent I Saw... You Saw... We Saw... Warsaw, which is also a teal-leaning navy.  I used 2 coats of each for these pics, then Gelous and SV.  Application on Warsaw was very good (I've reviewed this one before).  The Wet n Wild brush was a mess - very big, not cut straight, with many stray bristles... just very bad (but what should I expect for the price, right?).  The polish it self was ok - not too tough to control the glitter, but even with 2 coats I wish the purple particles were more evenly distributed.  I had to re-dip and swirl the brush around in the bottle between every nail to get more of the purple pieces.  I like the look - nice and sparkly, and more interesting than your average 1-color glitter.  Enjoy -     >^..^<














1 comment: